Rename of namespace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a new Azure subscription so I want to migrate my Azure Active Directory. I created a new one and copied (manually) everything on the older one to the new one.

However, all my code points to the old one and I want to avoid making code changes for this.

So I would like to rename the new one so it can have the name that the old one has.

However, I'm not able to do so. I was thinking on first renaming the old one so I can use its name but I don't know how to do that.

Can anybody help me or provide me the MS email of somebody who can?

Thanks!

Friday, May 30, 2014 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After the namespace is created, you cannot change the namespace name or the region where the namespace is hosted. However, you can delete the namespace and recreate it, and you can change your subscription. To change a subscription, in the Microsoft Azure Management Portal, click Active Directory, click a namespace that is associated with the subscription that you want to change, and then click Change Subscription. The Change Subscription feature is enabled only when you have more than one subscription and you are an administrator or co-administrator of the subscription

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

• Proposed as answer by Manu Rekhar Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Manu Rekhar Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:33 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:18 AM

All replies

• As far as I know you can't actually change the namespace.

Developer Security MVP | www.syfuhs.net

Monday, June 2, 2014 10:26 PM
  • Hi,

After the namespace is created, you cannot change the namespace name or the region where the namespace is hosted. However, you can delete the namespace and recreate it, and you can change your subscription. To change a subscription, in the Microsoft Azure Management Portal, click Active Directory, click a namespace that is associated with the subscription that you want to change, and then click Change Subscription. The Change Subscription feature is enabled only when you have more than one subscription and you are an administrator or co-administrator of the subscription

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

• Proposed as answer by Manu Rekhar Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by Manu Rekhar Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:33 AM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:18 AM