Coded UI Test Builder when start recording I'm getting "reboot is required to start the recorder" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using v2 2013 premium service pack 1, win 8-64 bit & IE 11.

I found a sample that has 1 aspx page with just 2 textboxes (name and password) and a submit button.

I open the solution added a new coded UI Test project and select Record acton. I see the toolbar but when I click the start recording I get "it is required to reboot your computer after installation.., you must reboot your computer and start the record again".

After restarting my pc I still get the same error.

Please advice, thanks!

Monday, July 7, 2014 8:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Dennis,

Generally, when we first install the VS 2013 and then create and record a Coded UI Test, it will remind us to reboot the computer. We can record the Coded UI Test using Coded UI Test Builder after we restarted our computer.

However, from your description: “After restarting my pc I still get the same error”.

I think the error may be that it would be related to your VS IDE setup. Please install the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 and then re-record the Coded UI Test using Coded UI Test Builder. You can download VS 2013 Update 2 from the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=42666

If you have been installed the Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 and record the Coded UI test still get this error.

I suggest you repair your Visual Studio 2013 Premium.

After you have been repaired the VS 2013, restart your pc again, and then create a new Coded UI Test project, test it.

Best regards,

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:40 AM