none
BizTalk Deployment issue - BTDF deleteing duplicate rows from SettingsFileGenerator.xml RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I copied same rows two times with data in SettingFileGenerator.xml file and checkedIn to TFS. 

Now I want to delete that row from SettingsFileGenerator.xml as its duplicate, if I am opening this in EXCEL and deleting the rows directly from excel receiving following warning. If I save, build and deploy receiving errors saying that variables are not defined

How can I fix this ? Deleting the exisiting duplicate rows from SettingsFileGenerator.xml and deploying should be success

Reason101

• Edited by Reason101 Thursday, March 9, 2017 3:22 AM i
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 11:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The settings spreadsheet must contain two settings rows, one named SsoAppUserGroup and the other named SsoAppAdminGroup.  The Default Values column normally contains the values BizTalk Application Users and BizTalk Server Administrators, respectively.  These defaults are appropriate when you are using BizTalk on a development machine where the BizTalk security groups are local, not domain-based.  In the environment-specific columns, you must enter the domain-qualified security group names, such as MYDOMAIN\BizTalk Server Administrators.

You can open the settingsfileGenerator.xml in excel and can add as many variables as you want in left most column and their values in specific environment columns. Use ${variable_name} in master binding file, where variable_name is same as value you have entered in excel left most column.

In your btdf proj file You should add following properties in PropertyGroup, if not there already

<RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>False</RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>
    <IncludeMessagingBindings>True</IncludeMessagingBindings>
    <UsingMasterBindings>True</UsingMasterBindings>

Please note, this is based on BTDF version 5.0

In your InstallWizard.xml file make sure you have a ENV_SETTINGS environment variable defined which will be used by MSI to select the specific environment xml before replacing variables in binding file

<SetEnvUIConfigItem>
        <PromptText>Select the XML file that contains configuration information specific to this environment:</PromptText>
        <PromptValue></PromptValue>
        <ValueType>FileSelect</ValueType>
        <EnvironmentVarName>ENV_SETTINGS</EnvironmentVarName>
      </SetEnvUIConfigItem>

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The settings spreadsheet must contain two settings rows, one named SsoAppUserGroup and the other named SsoAppAdminGroup.  The Default Values column normally contains the values BizTalk Application Users and BizTalk Server Administrators, respectively.  These defaults are appropriate when you are using BizTalk on a development machine where the BizTalk security groups are local, not domain-based.  In the environment-specific columns, you must enter the domain-qualified security group names, such as MYDOMAIN\BizTalk Server Administrators.

You can open the settingsfileGenerator.xml in excel and can add as many variables as you want in left most column and their values in specific environment columns. Use ${variable_name} in master binding file, where variable_name is same as value you have entered in excel left most column.

In your btdf proj file You should add following properties in PropertyGroup, if not there already

<RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>False</RequireXmlPreprocessDirectives>
    <IncludeMessagingBindings>True</IncludeMessagingBindings>
    <UsingMasterBindings>True</UsingMasterBindings>

Please note, this is based on BTDF version 5.0

In your InstallWizard.xml file make sure you have a ENV_SETTINGS environment variable defined which will be used by MSI to select the specific environment xml before replacing variables in binding file

<SetEnvUIConfigItem>
        <PromptText>Select the XML file that contains configuration information specific to this environment:</PromptText>
        <PromptValue></PromptValue>
        <ValueType>FileSelect</ValueType>
        <EnvironmentVarName>ENV_SETTINGS</EnvironmentVarName>
      </SetEnvUIConfigItem>

Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:02 AM
  • I am using BTDF 6.0....

I get it, but in my SettingGeneratior.xml file, someone duplicated creating same variable twice.

I want to clean up the duplication in excel. Now if I am directly removing the rows from excel the deployment is getting failed.

How can I fix this duplication in SettingFileGenerator .xml file ?

Reason101

Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:21 AM
  • Show us how your SettingGeneratior.xml file looks like also copy paste the exact error you are getting during the deployment.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:24 AM