none
Missing Reference: Microsoft Office Soap Type Library v3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone. 

I just updated my system from WindowsXP to WIN7 and re-installed office 2010.

When I opened some Excel files worked well before, an error message said:

"(MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30)User-defined type undefined"

the related code are:

'Create a SOAP 3.0 Object that can be used to invoke certain Web Services;
    Private Function createStockInfoSOAPObject() As MSSOAPLib30.SoapClient30
    End Function

I have tried to copy the MSSOAP30.dll to system32 fold and reference it in VBA IDE, but the problem is still there.

I was wondering:

1. How to solve this problem.

2. Since I have 300 some files have the same problem, is there any way to recover it efficiently.

Thanks! 

Saturday, July 12, 2014 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

It looks like you need to install the SOAP Toolkit 3.0 software where the MSSOAPLib30 library comes from. Be aware, the toolkit is obsolete and not supported any longer. I have found the SOAP Toolkit 3.0 Software Update in the Downloads section, Windows 7 is not supported.

• Marked as answer by colin.Fu Saturday, July 12, 2014 2:49 PM
    Saturday, July 12, 2014 12:55 PM
  • Hello,

It looks like you need to install the

Hey there. 

Thanks, I will check that.

Why Microsoft does not support and update the SOAP Toolkit 3.0, is there alternative ways to do the same thing?:)

Saturday, July 12, 2014 1:16 PM
  • Hi Collin,

As far as I know, we can migreate from the SOAP Toolkit to Web Services, please check whether article below is helpful:
    Migrating from the SOAP Toolkit to Web Services

Also  I found an aritcle about SOAP Toolkit:

If your application uses SOAP Toolkit version 3.0 to develop XML Web services, Microsoft recommends that you do one of the following:

• Use the Microsoft .NET Framework (that is, implement .NET XML Web Services or use .NET Remoting).
    •Use COM+ SOAP feature on Windows Server 2003.

Support for SOAP Toolkit Versions 2.0 and 3.0 on Windows Server 2003

If you want to use the Microsoft .NET Framework in your solution, I suggest you migreat your solutlion to VSTO. You can get more detail about VSTO from link below:
    Managed add-ins built with Visual Studio (VSTO)

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 14, 2014 5:34 AM