none
software expiration program RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I want to put on my application a test program of three months. I read on the forums similar topics that do not meet my expectations,the expiration date of the software will be three months

I ask your help to put a license of three months of use on my application. the language used is vb  thank you

Monday, May 28, 2018 11:21 PM

All replies

• Hi

Unless you want a very convoluted process that would only prevent a few people from overcoming it, and, assuming that your application is not worth several thousands of (£$ peos etc) then a simple way to do it is:

1. create a date variable in My.Settings

2. When user runs for first time, set that variable to the date (Now)

3. Every subsequent run, check that variable against current date and if beyond the 3 month period, MessagebBox, End, or whatever you want to do to the user for daring to run it out of trial period.

You would need to consider the 'first run' by the user - this could be detected by the date variable being empty first time around and not empty subsequently.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:39 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 12:23 AM
  • I read on the forums similar topics that do not meet my expectations,the expiration date of the software will be three months

Please indicate which similar topic you have considered and why it did not meet your expectations.  Without that detail you will only get the same responses that have already been provided, and that is apparently not useful to you.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:40 AM
  • Meeting all the criteria Les has said, we have this sample on our website which is a little bit better than the My.Settings.

http://www.vb-tips.com/RegistryExpirirantionKey.aspx

If you really want a solution likewise Microsoft then you need a 24/7 helpdesk available in all languages where you sell your program, but that is just the beginning of your cost. 

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 10:39 AM