none
event for when a mouse mischief presentation starts not the normal presentation start event RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if anyone here has found the mouse mischief eqivilient event of when a presentation starts?

Im trying to only execute my code if the mouse mischief add-on's presentation is started because it does start the normal presentation because that's on a seperate tab.

heres my code on codeplex project page:

http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com/releases/77906/download/308749

its just the powerpoint file with my script which will not work correctly until the presentation is started but i need my code to execute only when the mouse mischiefs start presentation button is pressed instead of the normal start slideshow.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:19 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, I don't think Mouse Mischief provides API for event registration. As Mouse Mischief is PowerPoint addin, it doesn't expose event like stardard Object Model.

However, I did some investigation and found that the addin used Windows MultiPoint Mouse SDK. You may find some good information from here: http://www.microsoft.com/multipoint/mouse-sdk/default.aspx

Best Regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:45 AM
  • So if it uses multipoint interternally does that mean the events are the same? If so i could show multipoint code and maybe you can help me with equivilent code in powerpoint.

They use dynamic events and every time ondevicearrival happens in multipoint it creates some of the mouse event handlers to handle the event for each mouse plugged up (at least thats what i got from looking at it).

Any suggestions on what could be done? I do have an dsf(device simulation framework) sript that creates an emulated mouse device but it doesnt show up in mouse mischief.

If i an at least figure out how to run an add-on beside mouse mischief i can get my script to run an better test it.

My second question to the above is how can i run another add-on at the same time during a presentation? Mouse michief add-on uses a different presentation type but i wish to figure out how to get something to run during its presentation because i can get it to run during a normal presentation but not during mouse mishiefs.

The real problem im having is the script is too fast and stops running before i can see if it works correctly.   

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 1:04 PM
  • I'm afraid Mouse Mischief technology is beyond support scope on VSTO forum. That's not a tool that support further development, and it's for consumers.

As the script running to fast, would you add some delay, like Thread.Sleep(seconds)? And write log if possible.

Best Regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 4:19 PM
  • I know it gives me expected output like the ddk(driver development kit) forum guys said but it finishes before mishief can pick up the secondary mouse which is emulated. It is vbscript and you need to have dsf runtime and run inside of virtual mahine until i get this working but test vbscript that emulates mice only lasts 2-3 seconds. 

I think that maybe will help but i was wondering about anyway to run alongside mouse mischief. I heard from my research that supposedly the same team or parts of them made mouse mischief.

I could try calling ondevicearrival and WM_INPUT messages which unless its using raw input is the only way they can communicate with physical mice.

So im just wanting to have my script run alongside mousemischief so i know it ran but another idea is can i make the mouse mischief presentation start in code?

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, December 6, 2011 6:54 PM
    Tuesday, December 6, 2011 6:50 PM