none
Tree View RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

Is there a resource or an object in Reporting Services that I could make a tree view in a report file .rdl and see the result on it?  

If not, is there a software of MS that a could make a component for it, and connect this component in the report file .rdl ?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 9:26 AM

All replies

• Not exactly a tree view, but kind of.... YOu could use a table.... set the top of the tree as a primary group,,, and then sub's of that as sub groups... and so on and so on...

Then in order to expand and close, you  could make certain controls as clickable, the click would modify the hidden property to true or false.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:38 PM
  • The  only thik I need is having an estructure like a tree view with all nodes expanded in a report.

I dont need to control the father and the cildren registers with the properties hide and show.

Do you have another tag ?   

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:44 PM
  • Using a Matrix Report, if you mess with the visibility tab of your groups, you get a tree-like structure for your report data.  I'm using that in lieu of a tree control to filter the data in the report.  The Adventure Works Report Samples (specifically the 'Company Sales' report) has an example of this usage and it works really well.

Add Row Groups to your matrix report from left to right in order of granularity.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:16 PM