none
V8 Dragging Pushpins RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

In V8 pushpins do not follow the cursor movements immediately.  In V7 there was no delay.

Now there is a noticeable delay delay when dragging a pushpin around the screen before the icon catches up with the cursor position. Delay can be half a second or more.

A polyline drawn to the new cursor position renders much more quickly.

I am using a layers for both.

Thank you

Monday, January 16, 2017 4:42 PM

Answers

• This is a know issue as pushpins are rendered in the vector label layer and the label collision detection slows it down a bit. There are plans to improve this in the first half of 2017.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Monday, January 16, 2017 5:46 PM
  • It does help a bit, but is not the solution for the dragging pushpin lag there is also collision detection for pushpins and their titles as well which continue to work in liteMode. Lite mode just renders the map labels server side on the map tiles rather than as vector labels in the browser which can be hidden when overlapped by pushpins. As I said, there are plans to address this pushpin drag performance in the first half of 2017.

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:54 PM

All replies

• This is a know issue as pushpins are rendered in the vector label layer and the label collision detection slows it down a bit. There are plans to improve this in the first half of 2017.

Monday, January 16, 2017 5:46 PM
  • Thanks.

I tried setting liteMode: true on the map which is supposed to disable that feature but I can't see any improvement.

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:05 PM
  • It does help a bit, but is not the solution for the dragging pushpin lag there is also collision detection for pushpins and their titles as well which continue to work in liteMode. Lite mode just renders the map labels server side on the map tiles rather than as vector labels in the browser which can be hidden when overlapped by pushpins. As I said, there are plans to address this pushpin drag performance in the first half of 2017.

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:54 PM