Creating a msteams bot for my company and publishing it via office store RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the proces of creating a support bot for my company; a bot that supports our employees by providing organisational information. The information is very specific to our organisation and uses a azure app registration to access via the MSFT Garph api.

The first version is done and now I want it made available to everyone in te company; it needs to be published via de office store to allow a smooth user expience in the way of adding the bot (opposed to side loading it manually)

I have submitted the bot and it was declined; a few obvious reasons like missing links etc. before I go further down this path I need to know if  this bot - which is only available/relevant to my company's employees due to specific login and resources - can be published via the office store?

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Office Store only supports the submission of apps/bots/add-ins which are made publically available (to all organizations/users).  As such, your submission would be rejected as it does not work for any other customer acquiring it from the Store.

While we are evaluating how best (in a future update) to enable deployment of organization-specific bots, the following article may assist you in the interim:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/apps/apps-sideload

David Mowatt, Office Store Program Management.

Friday, December 15, 2017 3:02 PM