none
Windows Background RRS feed

• Question

• I can't set windows background.
    I tried this:
    • in ICE - Put background.jpg to %WINDIR% folder and setting Theme\BackgroundImage to it
    • in ICE - Put theme.themepack file to %SystemDrive% and add it to FirstLogonCommands
    • in ICE - Extracting themepack and setting  .theme file in Theme\Themefile
    • in Quebec under User in Administrators Group - RMB, Set as backgbround
    • in Quebec under User in Administrators Group - Doubleclick .themepack (opens Theme manager), trying to change theme manually
    All times background stay unchanged, fully black color.
    I use CMD with Custom Shell Support.
    Background.jpg is less than 250KB

Is that issue rated to Activation (I use zeros as ProductKey) or Missing component, that manages background and not in required dependencies of "windows 7 Aero themes"?
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:47 AM

All replies

• I am not sure if I understand your post. The custom background component is meant to change the background for the startup screens only (those seen until after you logon).
    It does not support changing the windows background after logon.
    If you are not using the exporer shell then your application should provide the background because it is , essentially, the new shell.
    Please post again if this does not address the issue you were asking about.

Adam Ferman-MS
    MSPM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:43 PM
  • Im not talking about customizing logon screen background in "windows\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds". I have changed it without problem.
    I'm trying to set theme background for logged user. Window color changes, but wallpaper is not. Wallpaper stays black.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:06 PM
  • This appears to be a known issue with CTP1 that is under investigation.  I was told that resolving all dependencies should correct the issue - so you may wish to give that a try. 

Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:34 PM
  • I know that resolving all dependencies will correct the issue, but I'm interested what package of all those dependencies fixes the issue?
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:59 AM