none
Issue in Azure Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing issue to import data from local SQL database to Azure Analysis Service.

While processing the table it is giving an error - 

An error has occurred while trying to locate the XMLA continuation client tunnel. Either the request timed out or the request was never initiated.

Technical Details:
    RootActivityId: d2b9af6b-1fa8-4d82-8ba8-575b84ce7261
    Date (UTC): 12/21/2017 6:18:34 AM

I am following below process -

1. Created an Azure Analysis Service database in azure

2. Created an on premise data gateway and configured with analysis service database.

3. Created an Analysis Service Tabular Project through Visual Studio 2017 SSTD tool.

4. Update the Workspace server from localhost to Azure Analysis Services Server name

5. Imported some tables from excel datasource which loaded sucessfully.

6. Importing an SQL server database table (localhost) failed due to above error. Process is as following -
    a) Clicked on import data from datasource then select database.
    b) Provide the login credential and select the table.
    c) Filter and choose the required columns and click on import. 
    d) while importing it is showing above error.
    Please help me. 

Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Ankurmarco,

Thanks for your question.

According to the error messages, it seems that you can not connect to your Azure Analysis Services. Please make sure you can connect to your server using SSMS. Then make sure the Deployment Server property for your SSAS project is correct.

For more information, please refer to below document:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-deploy

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 22, 2017 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply. 

I am connected to the Azure analysis service. because other tables from that database and other sources have been imported successfully. I am getting this issue only importing one table which has 13 million transactions. 

That table is absolutely working fine when i am pulling small data  like 23000 transactions. I have only problem to pull big data tables. I think this is some kind of time out or maybe storage issue.

My complete database size is 5 GB which has more 23 million records So I think my Fact table size will be 1.5 to 2 GB and I have taken azure developer plan which has upto 3GB cache memory which will be sufficient for this size. 

I have also tried the B1 basic plan which has 10 gb cache memory but the problem is not resolved. 

Please help.

Saturday, December 23, 2017 5:30 AM
  • Hi Ankurmarco,

Thanks for your question.

According to your description in your last post, It seems like an issue of importing big data tables to Azure analysis service. In this scenario, I would sugget you to post your question in Azure analysis service forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=AzureAnalysisServices ,you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 25, 2017 2:59 AM