none
in powerpoint 2007 ,I want to insert the mp4 file using C++ automation. RRS feed

• Question

• In Powerpoint 2007 , i want to embed MP4 on Slide using C++ powertpoint automation.
    by using msppt.tlb + wizard we have generated the wrapper .h files for powerpoint automation.

as we cannot direclty embed MP4 in PPT 2007 , i create a OLE Object of ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash and set the movie property of that shape to the path of MP4 file.

I am able to create the olebject by using pShapes.AddOLEObject(0,0,VideoWidth,VideoHeight,L"ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.7",L"",0,L"",0,L"",0);

But now i am not sure how to set the movie property on this.

in VB6 we used to do like  shape.oleformat.object.movie ="path"

but here in C++ if i try to get the object from ole format i get the IDispatch *.Now i dont know how to set the movie property on this IDispatch.

Thanks in advance...

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For Powerpoint 2007, you can call Shapes.AddMediaObject Method, but if you prefer to store the media as OLEObject, you can call Shapes.AddOLEObject Method (PowerPoint)  

But you should be aware of that you can either specify the ClassName or FileName argument, but you can't specify them both.

So if the object is added by ClassName specified, you can't set its path either. The code you should use would something like:

Sub AddMovieAsOLE()
        Dim file As String
        file = "C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv"

Dim sld As Slide
        Dim shp As Shape

Set sld = Application.ActivePresentation.Slides(2)

Set shp = sld.Shapes.AddOLEObject(Left:=10, Top:=10, Width:=50, Height:=50, fileName:=file, DisplayAsIcon:=msoFalse, Link:=msoFalse)
    End Sub

I hope this helps.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You shouldn't use add media as OLE object, using Shape.AddMediaObject2 method instead. Have a look at my code:

Sub addMovie()
        Dim fileName As String
        fileName = "C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv"

Dim sld As Slide
        Dim shp As Shape

'add media from file and with posiztion and size specified
        Set shp = sld.Shapes.AddMediaObject2(fileName, MsoTriState.msoFalse, MsoTriState.msoTrue, 0, 0, 300, 300)

With shp.MediaFormat
            'set volume and trim the video
            .Volume = 0.5
            .StartPoint = 10000
            .EndPoint = 20000
        End With

End Sub

The VBA code work file on my side. You can try to translate to C++.

I hope this helps.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hello Calvin,

Thanks for your reply.

But my Scenario is :- i have to insert ".MP4" file in Powerpoint 2007.

in Powertpoint 2010  i have used the method explained by you But in 

Powerpoint 2007 i dont think we can use Addmediaobject2. so to get the same effect i use OLEObject  way. as flash activex can play MP4 so if we can set the "movie path" that will be ok for my scenario.

Thanks in advance.....

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:23 AM
  • Hello Calvin,

Thanks for your reply.

But my Scenario is :- i have to insert ".MP4" file in Powerpoint 2007.

in Powertpoint 2010  i have used the method explained by you But in 

Powerpoint 2007 i dont think we can use Addmediaobject2. so to get the same effect i use OLEObject  way. as flash activex can play MP4 so if we can set the "movie path" that will be ok for my scenario.

Thanks in advance.....

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

For Powerpoint 2007, you can call Shapes.AddMediaObject Method, but if you prefer to store the media as OLEObject, you can call Shapes.AddOLEObject Method (PowerPoint)  

But you should be aware of that you can either specify the ClassName or FileName argument, but you can't specify them both.

So if the object is added by ClassName specified, you can't set its path either. The code you should use would something like:

Sub AddMovieAsOLE()
        Dim file As String
        file = "C:\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\Wildlife.wmv"

Dim sld As Slide
        Dim shp As Shape

Set shp = sld.Shapes.AddOLEObject(Left:=10, Top:=10, Width:=50, Height:=50, fileName:=file, DisplayAsIcon:=msoFalse, Link:=msoFalse)
    End Sub

I hope this helps.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:34 AM