Printer Preference Settings RRS feed

• Question

• The rsClientPrint control ignores any changes to the Printer Preference at the OS.  It keeps the original printer preference settings. 

Is there a way to use the modified printer preference settings?

Thursday, September 10, 2015 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Anna,

According to your description, you want to make the rsClientPrint control reference the printer preference at the OS, right?

In Reporting Services, RSClientPrint control provides client-side printing for reports viewed in a browser. The control displays a custom print dialog box that supports features common to other print dialog boxes. The features include print preview, page selections for specifying specific pages and ranges, page margins, and orientation. However, we can only enable or disable client-side printing for reporting services. It’s not supported to reference the printer preference at the OS. In your scenario, if you want to reference the printer preference at OS for reporting servers print feature, you could custom a print delivery extension, define the local preference printer for the reporting services print delivery extension. For more information, please refer to this article: Printer Delivery Extension Sample.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 11, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Anna,

I experienced that exact issue in my environment.  We resolved the issue by having our desktop engineers create a group policy that configured our report server as a trusted site in internet settings. Problem solved!

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Anna,

According to your description, you want to make the rsClientPrint control reference the printer preference at the OS, right?

In Reporting Services, RSClientPrint control provides client-side printing for reports viewed in a browser. The control displays a custom print dialog box that supports features common to other print dialog boxes. The features include print preview, page selections for specifying specific pages and ranges, page margins, and orientation. However, we can only enable or disable client-side printing for reporting services. It’s not supported to reference the printer preference at the OS. In your scenario, if you want to reference the printer preference at OS for reporting servers print feature, you could custom a print delivery extension, define the local preference printer for the reporting services print delivery extension. For more information, please refer to this article: Printer Delivery Extension Sample.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 11, 2015 2:19 AM
  • Anna,

I experienced that exact issue in my environment.  We resolved the issue by having our desktop engineers create a group policy that configured our report server as a trusted site in internet settings. Problem solved!

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:43 PM