Width of CUstom Dialog Window RRS feed

• Question

• so I have been learning to add my own custom add and edit dialog box but have a UI issue. The window that was generated by code so far is too narrow. The standard one was fine but it seems since this custom one comes from my code and is gernated in a separate column ,because it is a list and details screen, it automatically sizes it much narrower. I tried using the properties sheet for the modal window and the groups of the modal window but, none of them seem to have any effect over how wide my dialog window is displayed overall. I have attached a picture see (Fig 1.1) 

(Fig1.1) 

• Edited by reigh7 Friday, September 27, 2013 2:53 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2013 2:52 AM

Answers

• You need to go back to designer for your modal dialog and experiment with the width settings again for the top two tiers of the content hierarchy.

You may have to use an absolute pixel width or a minimum width. It can be done but I remember it not being as intuitive as it could be first time I encountered this.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Marked as answer by reigh7 Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:15 PM
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:03 AM