Documentation Issues

Answers

• Hi Rebecca,

The UIElement PointerPressed documentation is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br208971.aspx . It sounds like you found a dead link. If you can let us know where that link is we can get it updated.

The routed event list there appears to be correct. Note that only specific events are routed, even if they inherit from RoutedEvent. This is different from WPF's behavior. Explaining that is the purpose of that section in the docs. I'll note that it's still confusing.

You can provide suggestions, complaints, or error reports on the documentation in the "Did you find this helpful?" link at the bottom of the page.

--Rob

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Rebecca,

The UIElement PointerPressed documentation is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br208971.aspx . It sounds like you found a dead link. If you can let us know where that link is we can get it updated.

The routed event list there appears to be correct. Note that only specific events are routed, even if they inherit from RoutedEvent. This is different from WPF's behavior. Explaining that is the purpose of that section in the docs. I'll note that it's still confusing.

You can provide suggestions, complaints, or error reports on the documentation in the "Did you find this helpful?" link at the bottom of the page.

--Rob

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Rob,

Thanks for your quick reply.

The links were dead this morning (when I posted) from the event overview page and from the UIElement class page. Looks like they've already been fixed.

The routed event list is NOT complete. Those do appear to be the only events that expose an eventEvent identifier, but there are certainly other routed events in the system. ButtonBase.Click(), for example.

You're quite right about the comments, and I apologize. A simple yes/no never seemed sufficient to me, so I never clicked on one of them to see the textbox that opens up.

- Rebecca.

Rebecca M. Riordan

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 7:17 PM