none
Entity Framework Code first working in a team! RRS feed

• Question

• Hokies so i have a team of developers, not a large team just 3 of us

I have started a project using the CodeFirst approach and pointed the web.config file at our development server. The thing is that when i am developing and dropping the database and rebuilding it the other developers are doing the same thing. Thier code wont work unless this happens and mine doesnt work unless this happens.

Is this a bad model for working in a team, especialy if the database is in use when i am trying to rebuild it? because i just end up with an error telling me i cant drop it.

Or am i missing a point? should i be doing somthing in order for this to work in a team enviroment?

Cheers
    Joe.

Friday, March 23, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi josephderonde,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

In team development, I suggest you to use application lifecycle management tool, such as TFS and CVS. When you want to create the database, you need to download the project for the server first, the tool will tell you whether the files are different between local machine and server, after unifying the version, upload your modified filed to the server. Then, the scenario of different local machines generate different databases will not appears.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, March 26, 2012 5:54 AM