measureoveride and data panel in blend 5.0 problem RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i've tried to translate the C# carousel in c++/cx version, sinon i had bit of the code.

I'm quite stuck by the fact that i miss one measureoverride code and so the correct display through arrangeoverride . all the call are through i can't find what i 've missed.

thxs in advance

• Edited by manulateigne Monday, June 10, 2013 1:48 PM
    • Moved by Lisa Zhu Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:45 AM blend related
    Sunday, June 2, 2013 7:33 PM

Answers

• 1- i want to create a desktop projet in c++ with xaml and winRT

Desktop projects can't use winRT, winRT is only available for Windows Store apps. 

2- i va already the version 2 of blend 5.0, it seems it s something with the assemblies referenced because in some c# project, i can see the data panel

The current supported version of Blend is Blend for Visual Studio 2012, which supports both Windows Store apps and WPF desktop apps in the VS 2012 update 2 version.

3- when i look at the win 8 examples, i parse all the project in c++ and i don't know which ones are desktop or store, there must be something in the options to see it or change it

All of the Windows 8/Windows Store app examples are Store apps, you can't change them to be desktop apps, desktop apps can't use winRT apis.

4- is it normal in debug that it dowload all the dll ? avoidable?

Do you mean for symbols? You can change the settings in VS to not automatically load symbols for all assemblies in the options menu.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:44 PM
  • thanks a lot
    • Marked as answer by manulateigne Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:52 PM

All replies

• What?

Cheers, Amy

Monday, June 3, 2013 12:56 PM
  • it s ok i founad my answer, there was a problem with the loading of the pictures and therefore the call of measureoverride

thxs anyway for the "wha" :p

Monday, June 10, 2013 12:11 PM
  • hi again, in fact ther is a new situation.

I downloaded blend 5.0 and the data panel is missing, i ve tried to reinstall with no success.

My boss is using it but has the data panel.

We thought at first that the problem was the french install so now it s the english language version but still doesn't works

Monday, June 10, 2013 1:46 PM
  • Hi manulateigne,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

From your description, I ‘d like to move this post to  the most related forum.

There are more  experts in this aspect, so you will get  better support and  may have more luck getting answers.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:44 AM
  • The current RTM version of Blend is Blend for VS 2012, which comes installed with VS 2012. The update 2 version has support for WPF/SL in addition to the Windows 8 html/xaml platforms. Can you try using those?
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:01 PM
  • thxs for the answer, i m gonna try once i find out what it is :p, i 'll be right back
    Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:45 AM
  • if i can add one more question :p

i ve just find out the difference between store and desktop version, validation etc..

i wanted to start a project using xaml, winrt in the desktop version and i m not quite sur which  startup project to take.

Futhermore when i look at a c# project i can see easaly if it s a windows store version but not in c++.

There must be  a way to switch in the same project from desktop version to store version, if anyone knows i would very much appreciate, sorry for my english.

Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:11 AM
  • i wanted to start a project using xaml, winrt in the desktop version and i m not quite sur which  startup project to take.

This page examples some details about the default templates:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh768232.aspx

There must be  a way to switch in the same project from desktop version to store version, if anyone knows i would very much appreciate, sorry for my english.

There is no built in way that I am aware of to switch between desktop and windows store, the project files and build targets are customized for each target. You can share code between two different projects using class libraries, which might help reduce duplication. 

Sunday, June 16, 2013 12:42 PM
  • the thing is that  doesn't really answer my question, i mean ok create a store project is quite straightforward, as we say in france the road is well paved but i don't have an answer for creating a c++ project which would be for desktop and using winrt libraries

because the whole validation process is awfull, i work in a small entreprise and waiting a week for an answer , too damn long

Sunday, June 16, 2013 1:02 PM
  • Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what your question is, could you clarify?

You can create Windows Store apps that use c++, or you can create desktop apps that use C++. There is also support for side loading apps in an enterprise scenario, but I don't personally know much about that.

Monday, June 17, 2013 1:11 PM

2- i va already the version 2 of blend 5.0, it seems it s something with the assemblies referenced because in some c# project, i can see the data panel

3- when i look at the win 8 examples, i parse all the project in c++ and i don't know which ones are desktop or store, there must be something in the options to see it or change it

sorry for having been abrupt, it s all new for me

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 7:30 AM

Desktop projects can't use winRT, winRT is only available for Windows Store apps. 

The current supported version of Blend is Blend for Visual Studio 2012, which supports both Windows Store apps and WPF desktop apps in the VS 2012 update 2 version.

All of the Windows 8/Windows Store app examples are Store apps, you can't change them to be desktop apps, desktop apps can't use winRT apis.

Do you mean for symbols? You can change the settings in VS to not automatically load symbols for all assemblies in the options menu.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:44 PM
  • thanks a lot
    • Marked as answer by manulateigne Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:52 PM