none
How to get visual webpart link RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am making visual webpart in project server 2010. I created two web parts, now i want to get the full link of second visual webpart in first webpart on button click and send mail that link. So that at any time a person can click on that link and go to the second webpart directly.

Thank you in advance

raksha

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:58 AM

Answers

• Yes absolutely right, you'll make one web part with all the logic of your current first  and second web part. Place that web part over a page (pdp). On click of the button you'll pick the page url and make it according to your needs and send it in a mail Let me know if you still have any problem

Thanks

Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Rakhu Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:56 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Raksha,

Webparts are place over a page (PDP in Project Server), so do you want to send a static link of second page from first page? What exactly how you're trying to do.

Thanks, Kashif

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:28 PM
  • Hi Kashif

I dont know exactly location of the web part it can be place on any place so i want dynamic link , it can be possible?

Thanks

raksha

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:22 PM
  • How do you think the first web part would know the link of the second parts location? Can you tell what is the reason for picking of second web parts location? Explain your requirement so I can guide you better.

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:08 PM
  • Hi

On first webpart have a form , when some one submit this form a mail will send to the particular person, in this mail second webpart link would be send because both webparts are associate to each other. After submit first webpart form than go to the second webpart form.

please guide me on this.

Thanks

raksha

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:40 AM
  • Alright, why don't you merge both web parts, when sending email you'll know what would be the link and you can send something in querystring as a flag and use that in your page load and use it to show your second web parts logic. I hope you understand, let me know if further clarification required.

Thanks, Kashif

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Yes got it. But for this i have to first place my webparts on a particular page then i will do this. Am i right?

raksha

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:53 AM
  • Yes absolutely right, you'll make one web part with all the logic of your current first  and second web part. Place that web part over a page (pdp). On click of the button you'll pick the page url and make it according to your needs and send it in a mail Let me know if you still have any problem

Thanks

Thanks, Kashif

• Marked as answer by Rakhu Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:56 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:52 AM
  • Hi Kashif

Thank you so much for the help on time. :)

raksha

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:56 AM
  • You're welcome :)

Thanks, Kashif

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:57 AM