none
Sharepoint Enterprise 2013 with iOS OneDrive app version 11.8.7 - can't see files or add files RRS feed

• Question

• We're having an issue with our iOS OneDrive app connecting to our on premise SharePoint 2013 Enterprise environment. I found this thread a similar issue but it was for Foundation, which is not our case.

When users try to see their on-prem files using the iOS OneDrive app version 11.8.7, they can log in, but they get a message that says "Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network" and the "add a file" icon does not show.

When the same user tries on a an iOS device with the OneDrive app version 11.4, they see all their files and folders. Both iOS devices are running iOS 13.2.3.

So same user, same SharePoint 2013 Enterprise implementation, same iOS, but different OneDrive versions: v11.4 works, v11.8.7 doesn't work. Any work around? 

C#, Sharepoint

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi SharpBud,

There was a known regression in 11.8.7 that caused users with the NTLM auth scheme enabled on their OnPremise server (including SharePoint 2013) to be unable to see their files. This has been fixed in 11.10.4 which is currently in the app store.

Please update  iOS OneDrive app to 11.10.4 to check the result.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by SharpBud Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:34 AM

All replies

• The OneDrive app does not support SharePoint 2013/2016.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 11:17 PM
  • that was a quick reply. Do you have a way to substantiate it though? As I said in my thread, it IS working with OneDrive v11.4 and has worked for the last two years. It just stopped working with recent update to the OneDrive app.

C#, Sharepoint

• Edited by SharpBud Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:35 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:31 AM
  • Hi SharpBud,

Please restart the WLAN or Cellular to test again and ensure you have enabled OneDrive to use WLAN and Cellular in your device.

And you could also install the latest version to check the result.

If possible, you could uninstall and reinstall current version to have a test.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 1:16 AM
  • Hi Julie, thanks for your reply. I went ahead and tried it, although I knew this wouldn't solve it. This is why: the user can log in to our on-prem OneDrive: after entering the credentials, I see the user's info in the OneDrive app. What I don't see is any files or the "+" icon to add files.

I also tried with the latest version v11.9.3 and still doesn't work. It does with v11.4.

C#, Sharepoint

Friday, November 22, 2019 4:04 PM
  • Hi SharpBud,

Please access OneDrive for business on web to check whether the issue occurs.

And also go to mobile settings > OneDrive and select clear account settings, then reboot the app and add the account again to have a test.

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Going to mobile settings > OneDrive and selecting 'clear account settings': I did this as part of my original troubleshooting, several times. This has had no impact in the issue.

Going to OneDrive for business on the web: are you referring to just log onto OneDrive in Office 365, or are you referring to some other url? I'm trying to connect to our on-prem environment. How logging to another site would have an impact on the on-prem implementation? I'm wondering because we really cannot give access to OneDrive in O365 to our users, because of compliance (they do have access to SharePoint online, but not OneDrive).

C#, Sharepoint

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 3:23 AM
  • Hi SharpBud,

We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Julie

Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:06 AM
  • Hi SharpBud,

Due to the restricted test environment, we couldn’t test it on-premises, then we test it in SharePoint Online and it works well. We searched online, however, there was no any article about SharePoint 2013 and iOS OneDrive v11.8.7 or later.

Could you find the “Report a Problem” option as shown below under the user profile interface?

If true, please report a problem for further help.

Best regards,

Julie

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:26 AM
  • Hi SharpBud,

There was a known regression in 11.8.7 that caused users with the NTLM auth scheme enabled on their OnPremise server (including SharePoint 2013) to be unable to see their files. This has been fixed in 11.10.4 which is currently in the app store.

Please update  iOS OneDrive app to 11.10.4 to check the result.

Best regards,

Julie

• Marked as answer by SharpBud Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:34 AM
  • We upgraded to 11.10.4 and it solved the problem. Thanks for looking into this bug and releasing an update.

C#, Sharepoint

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi SharpBud,

Thanks for marking my reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you.

Here I will provide a summary of this post for your information.

[SharePoint Enterprise 2013 with iOS OneDrive app version 11.8.7 - can't see files or add files— Summary]

Situation

====================

SharePoint server 2013

Question

====================

Users unable to see their on-prem files using the IOS OneDrive app version 11.8.7, and get a message that says “Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network" and the "add a file" icon does not show.

The same user tries on an IOS device with the OneDrive app version 11.4, they see all their files and folders. Both iOS devices are running iOS 13.2.3.

Solution

====================

And update IOS OneDrive app to 11.10.4 save the issue.

Best regards,

Julie

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 9:53 AM