none
Changing Width and Height Of Content Pane that contains an iframe RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Professionals.

I'm building an office app, contains a task pane and content window that both interacts with excel 2013.

The content app contains an iFrame and interacts with excel by getting a URL for a specific report From the Reporting Services

I'm trying to change the size of the content window & iFrame according to the size of the report.

I can change and manipulate iFrame properties. However, I didn’t find a way to get / access  properties (height / width) of the content window through the Javascript API.

Ask for your help / guidelines.

Thanks 

Liran

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi LiranGiv,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

The size of Content Window is defined in OfficeApp.xml and based on my experience it cannot been changed via JavaScript API.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:21 AM
  • Liran,

Is it possible you're saying you have an iFrame inside your app, that would be contained within the iFrame that hosts the app? And that the reason you're trying to get the dimensions of the host iFrame is so that you can properly position your child iFrame?

Steve

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:49 PM
  • I think what Liran was referring to is to actually resize the content app, but unfortunately this is not possible to do today with the current API.
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:15 PM