Expression Blend 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a trial version of Blend 4 and I'd like to continue using it after the trial period expires. I understand that I can't buy the product anymore so what should I do now?
    • Moved by Min Zhu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:27 AM

All replies

• On 4/1/2013 9:27 PM, Paul Lethers wrote:

I'm using a trial version of Blend 4 and I'd like to continue using it after the trial period expires. I understand that I can't buy the product anymore so what should I do now?

Use the free versions or buy the pro version.....

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/expression/jj712700.aspx

• Proposed as answer by JayChase Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:02 AM
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:38 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply, darnold924, but I've looked everywhere for a download for just Blend 4 (either free or paid) but could not find it. I ended up downloading the trial version of Expression Suite and used the version of Blend from that. The link you mentioned above says a lot about VS2012 but I'm developing a desktop WPF app using VS2010. Your reply says "Use the free versions...." Great! So, do you have a link?

Thanks!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:53 AM
  • Hi Paul Lethers,

I have move the thread to Expression Blend forum for better answers.

Best regards,

By the way, Expression Blend is not in the support scope of the MSDN subscription. There might be some delay for the response. Appriciate your patience.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 2:25 AM
  • The information about the Expression suite is found here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/expression

You essentially can't purchase it any longer. You will only be able to get it in the forms described on that page, including as part of VS 2012.

VS 2012 includes wpf support and the designer is using the same underlying technology as Expression Blend.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:53 PM