Touch and Slide Image browsing like iPhone RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to implement touch and slide image browsing in silverlight? Like the one in iPhone?

Could anybody provide an example how to implement?

Friday, April 10, 2009 4:51 AM

Answers

• I think you can do something like this:

On the sliding surface add a panel over them with very low opacity so that you can see through. Now handle its Mouse down, up and move events. Whenever it is moved with Mouse down then slide your images. As simple as that.

(If you still have problem then let me know otherwise mark reply as answer.) 

-Vinit 

Friday, April 10, 2009 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, we can make something like the iPhone image browser. Here is a link which is a image slideshow but not the same which you want: http://www.nikhilk.net/Silverlight-Slideshow.aspx

This project can be easily modified to have the fully functioning iPhone like image browser. If you look at the bottom of the slide.show control you see many images one after another and movement of which are controlled by the buttons beside them. So you need to change this control point and transfer that onto the Images itself. Here note that you don't need anything else rather than the bottom control. Bottom control is going to be on the full screen.

(If you still have problem the let me know otherwise mark reply as answer.) 

-Vinit 

Friday, April 10, 2009 5:02 AM
  •  Yes, I have seen this link. I am actually looking for code which handles touch and slide events. I got the movements working. I have trouble sliding images.

Friday, April 10, 2009 5:14 AM
  • I think you can do something like this:

On the sliding surface add a panel over them with very low opacity so that you can see through. Now handle its Mouse down, up and move events. Whenever it is moved with Mouse down then slide your images. As simple as that.

(If you still have problem then let me know otherwise mark reply as answer.) 

-Vinit 

Friday, April 10, 2009 5:27 AM
  •  Hi,

We've just released a new component for .NET. You can get an iPhone-like effect easily. However, it's not silverlight.

Please visit at: http://Win2iEen.add-soft.jp/

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 6, 2010 10:56 PM