none
[WPSL] How to increase the rank of a package?

Question

• I have increased the version number in all the places that I can find:

1. Assembly Information
    2. WMAppManifest.xml
    3. Package.appxmanifest

When I submit the package, I get the following error:

Warning: This package is superseded by one or more higher-ranked packages. Please consider removing this package.

This warning is under the new package.   If I select removing redundant package, the new package will be removed and the old package stays.

Any tip to increase the package rank will be greatly appreciated. 

Hong

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 5:43 AM

All replies

• Hello Hong,

Open up your app manifest and change the version number to match the version number displayed in Visual Studio.  If you are still having issues getting the package version higher please contact Dev Center Support.

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:23 PM
  • Thank you for your response, Miles. 

I opened WMAppManifest.xml and Package.appxmanifest, saw the version numbers are the same as displayed in VS. 

Hong

Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:30 PM
  • I encounter the same issue. Did you find any solutions?
    Friday, July 31, 2015 5:30 AM
  • No.

Per the suggestion of Miles, I will contact Dev Center Support to resolve this. 

Hong

Friday, July 31, 2015 3:01 PM
  • Well, that's Maicrosoft's UX at it's best.

I had exactly the same problem with the app submission. What you need to do is to remove old package. You do that on the screen where you have packages listed (old one and new one, which is redundant) you need to click "show details" on the old package and on the very bottom you'll have "remove" link.

After clicking it and saving options of the submission only new version is in the pacage.

Hope this helps.

My best

• Proposed as answer by pavinan Sunday, August 2, 2015 2:53 PM
    Sunday, August 2, 2015 11:03 AM
  • Thank you Mike.  That is what I did to cope with this.  I was hoping to increase the rank so that I do not have to do it every time.

Another similar problem for WinRT WP app is much more serious, and I have given up. 

Hong

Sunday, August 2, 2015 2:49 PM