none
Error while creating component for VGA Driver "Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4837" and after image deployment VGA controller missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am building windows XPe image for Dell 360 optiplex machine, i am trying to create a component for VGA driver and when i import the inf file in component designer  it gives the following error:

Info:Processing file : D:\Dell N360\Components\Drivers For Dell_N360\Dell_N360 VGA Driver\14371.inf
    Info:D:\Dell N360\Components\Drivers For Dell_N360\Dell_N360 VGA Driver\14371.inf: type PNP device INF
    Info:Creating: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Warning:D:\Dell N360\Components\Drivers For Dell_N360\Dell_N360 VGA Driver\14371.inf: [DelFiles] needs to be processed by the user.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\INTEL\.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui\.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxpph\resources\3077.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\2951.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\4517.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\4518.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\4662.
    +++ CRITICAL ERROR +++:An error occurred when trying to add a registry resource HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Intel\Display\igfxcui\igfxcfg\resources\540.

even there were errors while importing the inf but the compnents built and in target designer i am adding these two driver components with version are as follows:
    i. Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4957

but when i run the depecdency check the target designer automatically adds the following driver version:
    i. Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4837

and when deploying the image on the target machine the VGA driver "Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family 6.14.10.4837" is installed but VGA controller is missing.

anyone have some idea that how:
    i. to overcome the inf import errors mentioned above.
    ii. why the target designer is picking the old version of VGA driver rather than new and what settings i should have to do so that target designer picks the new verion of VGA.

Monday, March 23, 2009 8:03 PM

All replies

•  
    The registry errors during the import are don't care's since the driver sets these up during FBA.

http://www.sjjmicro.com/Video_Driver_Component.html
    http://www.sjjmicro.com/Video_INF_Import_Issues.html

The dependency check is probably from the TAP/PMQ results. You might want to change the results of the PMQ import and remove the older driver component for your custom driver component.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit
    Monday, March 23, 2009 11:26 PM
  • Did you mean that i must update the pmq file and change the driver version in pmq file and then try importing the file.
    Right now when i m deploying the image on target machine the VGA works fine but in device manager the VGA controller is missing. And when i update the driver for VGA controller the system automatically picks the one from windows folder no need to insert the driver cd in cd rom drive.
    The controller driver seems to be available in windows image but not installing at image first boot and i've to install it manually. Dont know whats the reason. Thats why i am trying to install the new driver component.
    How can i find out that what exactly the problem with driver controller. Or is it like i m missing some component in target designer that is required by VGA Controller.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:35 AM
  • I also encountered this situation,and when I build the image , there some error with "cannot find file XXx.xxx";
    If a man no any dream,then this man how to differentiate from salty fish !
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Manual installation seems to be common with Intel driver components. There is the Intel Embedded Graphics Driver available at http://edc.intel.com/ that seems to address this issue and the driver loads properly during FBA.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com, Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XPe Supplemental Toolkit, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    • Proposed as answer by huangbichong Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:29 PM
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:50 PM