how to create web navigation tab

Question

• i want to use a textbox where i can input search query and it will open my browser and navigate to search results or the website, whatever the case may be. how do i do it?
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:06 AM

Answers

• Sorry bagha, we are not aware to provide any code, but I would suggest you read following documentations, it contains some snippet and you could use in your project.

Use a textbox where i can input search query

-> Quickstart: Adding search to an app  also you could see a sample SearchBox control sample

Open my browser and navigate to search results or the website

-> How to launch the default app for a URI could be a good option for you to do this. For example if you want to open browser for Bing search, you could set the URI as "http://global.bing.com/search?q=YOURKEYWORDS"

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:10 AM

All replies

• you could use C#, C++, or javascript.

You could use PC, or tablet. whatever you prefer.

You could use Internet Explorer, or FireFox, or chrome, or safari.

You could launch any of them use your mouse, or your finger on a touch screen, or a keyboard.

• Edited by hereafter Saturday, February 14, 2015 3:28 PM
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 3:27 PM
  • no, I want to create it for windows phone 8.1 ....I want the code...I want to know how to do it
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 4:58 PM
  • Sorry bagha, we are not aware to provide any code, but I would suggest you read following documentations, it contains some snippet and you could use in your project.

Use a textbox where i can input search query

-> Quickstart: Adding search to an app  also you could see a sample SearchBox control sample

Open my browser and navigate to search results or the website

-> How to launch the default app for a URI could be a good option for you to do this. For example if you want to open browser for Bing search, you could set the URI as "http://global.bing.com/search?q=YOURKEYWORDS"

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:10 AM