none
Is there a simple schema change I can make for this error on receive pipline? RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error:

Error: 1 (Segment level error)

SegmentID: NM1

Position in TS: 41

6: Segment has trailing delimiter(s) at component or sub-component level

Here is the segment:

NM1*73*1*NUCLEAR*MED****XX*~

Is there a simple schema change I could make to have the file flow through? In this case the sending system did not fill in the NM1-09 ID. But still put on the segment separator "*" then the Terminator "~".

Where I work the only thing that cares is Biztalk. Everyone else just says "Can't you just pass it through anyway?"  

I really wish Biztalk had a "I don't care about validation just deal with it Button!" or "Stop being so Picky Button".

Anyone have any Ideas, Thanks

vb.net programmer
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:38 PM

Answers

• This is how I solved that problem. What I did is used a failed routing message that is subscrbied to the receive port. The send port that will pass the error message will have an XML send. Now you have your message ready to go without validation. :-)

I even took it a step further and created a recieve location that is xml receive which I then pass the meseage to an SQL table. That way I have the error message, I have a column with a time stamp and anything else you need. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:59 PM

All replies

• This is how I solved that problem. What I did is used a failed routing message that is subscrbied to the receive port. The send port that will pass the error message will have an XML send. Now you have your message ready to go without validation. :-)

I even took it a step further and created a recieve location that is xml receive which I then pass the meseage to an SQL table. That way I have the error message, I have a column with a time stamp and anything else you need. Let me know if you have any questions.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:59 PM
  • Interesting....
    vb.net programmer
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Did you get it to work?
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:58 PM
  • Carlos,

If i have 10 claims in the file and one 1 claim has the issue, whether all the 10 claims will be routed to the send port or only one ?

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, February 11, 2011 4:44 AM
  • Hi Carlos,

In your case did you have 10 claims in 0 ST-SE or within single ST-SE? I am assuming you did this with some EDI files (maybe 837...does not matter)

-amit

amit kumar * Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:21 PM
  • I have a question: I do see if I set up a filter for errorreport.receiveportname == portname and errorreport.errortype == failedmessage how do I differentiate between the above error that does have the edi parsed into xml between an errored edi that does not have a parsed xml.

To say this differently One errored file will work with the above filter but a different error will not. I had another instance where the Envolope was not correct and the message errored without being parsed.

I admitt this should not have happened but it is what the error logic is really made to work with. And I would be changing the error logic as a workaround.

To answer your question, this all has become a moot point. Management has told me to no longer work the problem in Biztalk and to revert back to the old process on its old machine. But I guess not having the button like I mentioned above is possibly become a major show stopper because of the possiblity of working through many more problems. There was even talk of using a different product because it has a button like I mentioned needing in Biztalk. So, I am taking it day by day. Thanks Chris.

vb.net programmer
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:54 PM