infopath form not opening RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i am having an infopath form in which i brought a the sql data using the From Sharepoint Server option and when i try to preview the page i am getting the error as

the form template cannot be opened, because the system administrator has disabled opening form template that require full trust .

but i have provided the full trust

plz help me

Alen Austin
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:35 AM

Answers

• Ok, so then you are connecting to an external list, not to SQL.  The external content type used to create this external list should have very specific authentication, and this is the key to your InfoPath solution.  Did you use "Windows user identity" or "Impersonated identity"?  This is very important, because in a browser form, you're introducing a second hop, so you either have to have Kerberos working to allow this 2nd hop of authentication, or you need to use an explicit account through the secure store.

Connecting to external data through browser forms is very complicated from an authentication perspective.  You typically need to convert the data connection to a UDC file and then manually update the UDC so that it uses the Secure Store ID leveraged in your external content type.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:57 AM

All replies

• What do you mean you "brought a the sql data using the From SharePoint Server option"?  You don't pull SQL data by creating a data connection to SharePoint, so please clarify that statement.

Are you sure you provided full trust?  Did you add a digital certificate when doing it?  Why do you need Full Trust?  That is not a best practice and should not be required?  Does this form have invasive custom code?  Is it a browser form?  Is this 2007 or 2010?  How are you "previewing the page?  What page are you talking about, or did you mean to say "preview the form"?

Monday, July 4, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Hi Clayton i tried your other blog to bring up the userprofile its really good 1

i am creating a leave system using infopath 2010 and i am using an external database and created a list for that now i need to pull those data to a infopath form

so when the user login to site he goes to the infopath library /list he has to see all his leave left for him and he can apply for leave.

this form does not have any custom code

i am previewing the form from the infopath preview option

Alen Austin
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Ok, so then you are connecting to an external list, not to SQL.  The external content type used to create this external list should have very specific authentication, and this is the key to your InfoPath solution.  Did you use "Windows user identity" or "Impersonated identity"?  This is very important, because in a browser form, you're introducing a second hop, so you either have to have Kerberos working to allow this 2nd hop of authentication, or you need to use an explicit account through the secure store.

Connecting to external data through browser forms is very complicated from an authentication perspective.  You typically need to convert the data connection to a UDC file and then manually update the UDC so that it uses the Secure Store ID leveraged in your external content type.

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 18, 2011 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:57 AM