Migrating to Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an application in BizTalk 2010 on premise. We need to migrate the BizTalk servers to Azure as IaaS.

Should I

1. take an empty Windows Server 2016 VM and install and configure BizTalk 2016 , sql server on it or

2. should I take an image of BizTalk 2016, SQL Server and re-configure

Regards,

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:43 AM

Answers

• HOLD ON!

The first decision you have to make is if you want to 'port' you existing BizTalk license to Azure or you want to switch to by-the-hour.

Yes, it makes a difference on how you provision the VM on Azure.

• Marked as answer by Sharmishtha Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:12 PM

All replies

• You have preinstalled Biztalk VMs on Azure, ready to configure with an existing SQL server VM

/Peter

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

You still need to configure the Biztalk VM to suit to your needs, meaning the Groups and the users to run the Biztalk HostInstances and processes.

You need to decide what your need is and then move along those lines.

You also need to migrate the code from the BizTalk 2010 to BizTalk 2016 for that you can create a seperate branch in TFS and start your migration by opening the code and following the VS migration Wizard.

Refer Upgrade BizTalk 2010 to BizTalk 2016

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to create virtual machine in azure ,then you do not need to start from scratch .There are in build ready  to configure VM available which you can use in developer ,Enterprise and Standard edition

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 12:51 PM
  • HOLD ON!

The first decision you have to make is if you want to 'port' you existing BizTalk license to Azure or you want to switch to by-the-hour.

Yes, it makes a difference on how you provision the VM on Azure.

• Marked as answer by Sharmishtha Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:06 PM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:12 PM