none
The maximum message size quota for incoming messages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have port configured to communicate WCF service and It`s a two way(Request-Response).Initially it was working fine but few days back I receive below error

A message sent to adapter "WCF-BasicHttp" on send port "ESB_To_XXX_SP" with URI "https://xxx.xxx.pxxx.com/xxx/xx/xx" is suspended. 
     Error details: System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element. ---> System.ServiceModel.QuotaExceededException: The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.

By Googling this error I found that ,I have to increase the Maximum Received message size,and resolution works.

But I want know why this error comes and what exactly it means.

Any good blog on it ?

Prajakt.

Friday, February 3, 2017 11:08 AM

Answers

• It means that the default maximum size of a message received by the WCF Service is 65536 bytes. ;)

You've already found where to increase the value

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Friday, February 3, 2017 12:40 PM

All replies