none
"App purchases" - is it supposed to be trial upgrades, original purchases, or both?

Question

• On the app purchases chart, for example, on December 28th it is showing 5 purchases..

But if I go to financials, I see that I actually have 10 purchases on that date!

5 are trial upgrades, the other 5 are in-store purchases.

Something doesn't seem right - does purchases only include one or the other but not both?

-Rob

-Rob

Friday, January 3, 2014 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

This is an interesting question. We would need to review the reporting of your individual account to be able to better answer this. I would suggest that you open a support request to have your account's reporting further investigated.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Friday, January 10, 2014 2:49 AM
  • Hi Rob,

The "All downloads" is the number of downloads directly from the Windows Store. It is the sum of the direct purchases and trials. It does not include trial upgrades.

The "Paid purchases" is the sum of direct purchases and trial upgrades. This number should match with your financial records.

-PK

Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

This is an interesting question. We would need to review the reporting of your individual account to be able to better answer this. I would suggest that you open a support request to have your account's reporting further investigated.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Friday, January 10, 2014 2:49 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

I did, there was a simple answer:  Trial Upgrades do not count as purchases in the system!  Strange, but interesting I guess.

-Rob

Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Hi Rob,

The "All downloads" is the number of downloads directly from the Windows Store. It is the sum of the direct purchases and trials. It does not include trial upgrades.

The "Paid purchases" is the sum of direct purchases and trial upgrades. This number should match with your financial records.

-PK

Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:27 AM