none
Question regarding QueueRenameProject Method.. RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a C# console application to rename projects in Project Server 2007 using the PSI help given on following page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcproject.project.queuerenameproject(v=office.12).aspx

I am able to successfully rename the project & republish it and the change reflects in Draft, Published and Reporting databases as well, however, following tables are still having old project name:

a. ProjectServer_Published.dbo.MSP_Timesheet_Lines (Column  Name = TS_LINE_CACHED_PROJ_NAME)

b. ProjectServer_Reporting.dbo.MSP_TimesheetProject (Column Name = ProjectName)

(Queue jobs spawned to rename and re-publish as well as check-in the project were completed successfully with out any errors).

Question 1: Do i have to manually update these tables in the process after successful PSI rename operation?

Question 2: After renaming the project, is there any PSI method to rename the associated project workspace as well? Or users have to manually rename it?

Question 3: Are there any other known implications of renaming a project?

Many Thanks,

Ashish

Monday, January 3, 2011 9:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Ashish,

1. The timesheet behavior you see is by design. Existing timesheet data retains project names at the time the timesheet was submitted, to satisfy time reporting requirements.

2. Try UpdateProjectWorkspaceAddress or  UpdateProjectSitePaths.

3. It's probably not a good idea to rename a project proposal while it is in a workflow for portfolio management -- but I haven't tried that.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:40 AM