Regasm RRS feed

• Question

• When we register a sharedaddin using regasm , it registers the objects on to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry. Is there any way to register the objects in HKEY_CURRENT_USER ?

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:58 PM

Answers

• If I remember right - if you create a setup project for your shared addin and during install time select the option 'just me' when it asks if you want to install it for everyone or just the user logged in it should register the objects in HKCU
    • Marked as answer by eryang Monday, July 19, 2010 10:03 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:51 PM
  •  

You may use the /regfile switch to specify a .reg file in which you use HKCU instead of HKLM.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:09 AM

All replies

• If I remember right - if you create a setup project for your shared addin and during install time select the option 'just me' when it asks if you want to install it for everyone or just the user logged in it should register the objects in HKCU
    Monday, July 12, 2010 6:51 PM
  •  

You may use the /regfile switch to specify a .reg file in which you use HKCU instead of HKLM.

Sincerely,
    Eric
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback of our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:09 AM