Dimensions on blend are not what is seen on IE RRS feed

• Question

• My page canvas is 570x615.

Now I have another canvas inside the page canvas with canvas.top at 10 and canvas.left at 10, and the dimensions 550x550. However, when I execute in both blend and Visual Studio, the bottom seems to be clipped. what is going on here? Is there a restricition to the height of the page in silverlight?

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:10 PM

Answers

• Actually its not a control at all. Its just a brand new empty Silverlight project. I changed the height and width dimensions beyond 640x480 and there as some clipping.

I however did find the culprit. It seems that if the page is bigger than 640x480 you need to go into the html file and change the dimensions there as well. It looks like its hardcoded to 640x480.

Its kinda wierd tho, when I draw a square of size 500x500....it doesnt look like a square on my monitor, slightly taller than the width. is this normal?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:40 AM

All replies

• Likely that your Silvelright control is not sized to the full size of your canvas.  The size of the control is *not* dictated by the main canvas but instead is specified in the creation of hte Silverlght Host (e.g. Silverlight.createObject).  The control is only a 'window' into the your application, if your main canvas is larger than the Silverlight Host, it will clip.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Actually its not a control at all. Its just a brand new empty Silverlight project. I changed the height and width dimensions beyond 640x480 and there as some clipping.

I however did find the culprit. It seems that if the page is bigger than 640x480 you need to go into the html file and change the dimensions there as well. It looks like its hardcoded to 640x480.

Its kinda wierd tho, when I draw a square of size 500x500....it doesnt look like a square on my monitor, slightly taller than the width. is this normal?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:40 AM
  • Wierd, I don't know why it wouldn't be square except if you are using a non-standard resolution on a widescreen monitor (e.g. when I view my widescreen laptop monitor at 1024x768 squares look rectanglular, but on my projector they look square).  Its because the aspect of the monitor isn't matching hte resolution.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:15 PM