none
Face Frame Initialization Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a problem when I want to initialize Face Frame Source like picture below. In this program I would like to combine Infrared Frame with Face or Body Frame.

Adityo Setyonugroho

Monday, April 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Answers

• Have you added the script to copy the required binaries to your output folder? See the Post Build event command line in the Build Events property for the project: xcopy "$(KINECTSDK20_DIR)Redist\Face\$(Platform)\NuiDatabase" "$(TargetDir)\NuiDatabase" /S /R /Y /I

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:45 PM

All replies

• Have you added the script to copy the required binaries to your output folder? See the Post Build event command line in the Build Events property for the project: xcopy "$(KINECTSDK20_DIR)Redist\Face\$(Platform)\NuiDatabase" "$(TargetDir)\NuiDatabase" /S /R /Y /I

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Hai, Thank you for your reply hehe, I was not aware of post build script. When I put this script into my project, first, it cannot build or run with exit code 1 when xcopy running. Then I ran it again and error like above.

So, I put nuidatabase manually inside target dir and project running. After that I realized that target dir is different from face basic:

My project: C:\Users\sguthesis\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\GenderRecognition\GenderRecognition\bin\Debug

BasicFace: C:\Users\sguthesis\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\FaceBasics-WPF\bin\x64\Debug

I assume that xcopy error because of dir format is different. Any suggestion on future project settings for Kinect development ?

Adityo Setyonugroho

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:09 AM
  • the script as provided should work provided the System environment variables are set KINECTSDK20_DIR = {install folder of the SDK}. With the path provided, there should be a redist folder.

As for output, this should target the build output folder, but you can confirm the path within Visual Studio by examining what it thinks the output should be

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 5:06 PM
  • i have the same problem but....

I did not understand where to go to change the path

Saturday, May 2, 2015 1:10 PM
  • i solved ... im follow this steps

Automating build events in Visual Studio is a great way to dump compiled application files to another directory such as an InstallShield project folder. It only involves a single project property post-build event settings to configure.

1.  Right-click on your application project in Visual Studio Solution Explorer and select Properties.
    2. Select Build Events in the left column.
    3. Under "Post-build event command line:" enter the following with your desired destination:
      xcopy "$(TargetDir)*.*" "C:\InstallShieldProjects\JoeApp" /E /Y /C

now i search where i set the variable $(pathsdk20)

temporany i set a static variable on post build 

Saturday, May 2, 2015 1:42 PM
  • that's correct, sorry for my lateness reply. I was offline for a couple days.

I figured out that sometime we need to put some important files on output folder, and sometimes auto generate or copy will be error like what I have got before. So, I did manual copy for each files to output folder at the beginning of project build.

Adityo Setyonugroho

Monday, May 4, 2015 5:27 PM