none
Standard Rate Change yearly RRS feed

• Question

• I have standard rate all the resource is fixed rate calendar yearly irrespective of skill/position. In resource center I am able define the standard rate to all resource (editing via MSP2010), since the rate changes yearly, and generaly project are spread across 2 or 3 calendar year. In that case how to change the change rate for all resource.  

Option 1 - Manually change for each  resource rate in cost tab, But this is very tedious work to update for more 2000 resource. Is there is an other option where I can change rate for all resource with at time (without any code leve customization)

Mahesh

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check Out Enterprise resource pool

For the first resource, in Resource Sheet view, change the rate in the column Std Rate

Select all cells of the  whole column and copy down (Ctrl+D)

Greetings,

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:02 AM
  • Otherwise if you want to update all resources as of 1/1/2012 easiest way is a VBA macro to do it for you.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:21 AM
  • Hi

I have updated the standard rate,

My issue,

we running project which falls under two different calendar year and yearly our standard rate changes. So for the project which falls in two/three different calendar year then standard rate will change.

so the project resource cost should calculated with Rate "X" for year 2012 for the 2012 schedule period and 2012 schedule period should calcuate with Rate "Y" for year 2013.

we can handle this in MPP with resource cost sheet, but this need to done by individual pm in their project which is tedious job. 

Can you let me know how to handle this at enterprise level as the we have common rate across all skill level and experience

Mahesh

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:45 PM
  • The only way is to update the rate in the Cost tab so there is a rate for each resource for each year. Do this manually, using PSI code in Project Server (I think this is only achievabe in 2010 as there is a bug in this area of 2007) or use VBA which is the quickest, easiest and cheapest method.
    Manual and VBA method is to open Enterprise Resource pool then edit Cost tab for each Resource.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:35 PM