How can I implement instagram and twitter posts into a Xamarin.forms project? RRS feed

• Question

• User346724 posted

I'm trying to add text posts from Twitter and Instagram Images from a specific account to update and view ina Xamarin.Forms App. Is there a NuGet package or up to date API tutorial that can explain how to do this? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:27 PM

Answers

• User180523 posted

I'm not sure. Well look on their sites. No offense, but if you're wanting to be a developer one day, you should get used to the idea that you need to do some research. And no, posting a question because you can't be bothered with looking first is not research. For all you know you could look on their site and find full documentation on how to implement their API - After all they want you to be able to do it... They want their system to be used... And they make it easy and apparent for developers to do so.

If they do how would I make their API work with Xamarin? Xamarin is just a wrapper so your code works on different operating systems. The C# of making REST calls to their API remains the same and isn't even aware its running in Xamarin. You're just making REST calls over the internet and getting responses. Its all generic. Which is why their API can work for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and so on. Their API doesn't know or care what kind of system is making the call to them. You make a call asking for... The User's profile picture as a byte[]... as an example... And it returns a byte[]. Nothing more complex or specific than that. You have to deal with the data from there.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:11 PM

All replies

• User180523 posted

Don't they both have public developer API's?

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:29 PM
  • User346724 posted

@ClintStLaurent said: Don't they both have public developer API's?

I'm not sure. If they do how would I make their API work with Xamarin?

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:36 PM
  • User180523 posted

I'm not sure. Well look on their sites. No offense, but if you're wanting to be a developer one day, you should get used to the idea that you need to do some research. And no, posting a question because you can't be bothered with looking first is not research. For all you know you could look on their site and find full documentation on how to implement their API - After all they want you to be able to do it... They want their system to be used... And they make it easy and apparent for developers to do so.

If they do how would I make their API work with Xamarin? Xamarin is just a wrapper so your code works on different operating systems. The C# of making REST calls to their API remains the same and isn't even aware its running in Xamarin. You're just making REST calls over the internet and getting responses. Its all generic. Which is why their API can work for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and so on. Their API doesn't know or care what kind of system is making the call to them. You make a call asking for... The User's profile picture as a byte[]... as an example... And it returns a byte[]. Nothing more complex or specific than that. You have to deal with the data from there.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:11 PM