Expression web 4 Error Creating Control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have just created a clean install of VS 2010 & Expression Web 4,

I am assuming that .net 4 Framework was installed during the process (The file system seems to support this)

When ever a try to add a control (Asp drop down list for example) to a form on a aspx page i receive the error ( Error creating control Object reference not set to an instance of the object) ??

Can anyone tell me how to cure this problem please?

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:52 PM

All replies

• Don't assume anything. There's an old saw about "assume" that I believe anyone over the age of twelve has heard. The error you are getting can be caused by a missing, incomplete, or corrupted install of the .NET Framework, among other things.

Go here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9cfb2d51-5ff4-4491-b0e5-b386f32c0992&displaylang=en and reinstall it and see if your problem persists. 

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to reinstall .net framework 4 as you suggest but it has not solved the problem.

Regards

Darren

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:27 PM
  • I downloaded the Web Platfrom Installer 2.0 which needed to install 2.0 .net Framework,

Eversince i have done that the controls are displaying ok ?????

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:36 PM