none
VSTO: Open another MailItem in same Inspector window RRS feed

All replies

• Hello Cheng,

The Outlook object mode doesn't provide any property or method for that.

An inspector window is recreated each time you click on the Next or Previous message button on the ribbon (QAT). Try to handle inspector(s) events and you will see that it is closed and re-opened anew. 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:03 PM
  • Hello Eugene,

Thank you for your quick response.

How can I avoid Window flickering during closing and opening a new Inspector?

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:18 PM
  • Hello Cheng,

I think it is impossible from Outlook Object model.

What do you want to do and why do you need to close and open a new one? If you could share your requirement, we may see if there is other way to work around.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:06 AM
  • Hello Celeste,

I want to build an outlook Ribbon to navigate through mail messages in a custom folder.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:45 PM
  • Hello,

Do you want users to use a button to go to previous/next item in the mailitem inspector?

I think you could call commands MessagePrevious and MessageNext.

ActiveInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("MessagePrevious")

ActiveInspector.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("MessageNext")

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Hello,

I want users to use a button to go to previous/next item int mailitem inspector from a specific sender. How can I implent it?

Regards,

Cheng

Friday, July 14, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Hello,

Unfortunately, I think your requirement is impossible by using Outlook Object Model.

You could search the explorer to get all the mailItems from a specific sender and then go to previous/next item from a selected mailitem inspector.

However, it doesn't work when we get the item firstly from activeinspector and then search the explorer to get all the mailItems from the specific sender and then go to previous/next item.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:55 AM