Windows media player requires Username and password to access video RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but my question is a bit of configuration, bit of customization problem. I created wss 3.0 site with anonymous access granted for whole site. It worked well but...

I have a document library with wmv videos. I can access it in anonymous mode but when I want to open video in windows media player or embedded player in my sharepoint page player requires username and password to show the video.

In silverlight media player everything is ok.

I;m interested if this is an IIS issue or windows media player issue or sharepoint issue.

thank you all

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 3:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• .WMV file works well with Windows Media Player 10 on my MOSS 2007 testing system (this pre-configured demo http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=67f93dcb-ada8-4db5-a47b-df17e14b2c74&displaylang=en, I enabled anonymous for the web application). Which version of Media Player do you have? Do you have web proxy client installed on the client? And if the SharePoint web application is published through a reverse proxy?

Gu Yuming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:07 AM
  • I have Windows Media Player 12.

My Web application is not published. It is in the test phase in the local network.

I have the same behavior with one Silverlight Player (JWT or something like this). It has a configuration in java script Silverlight player that was made by me (direct link to web application video file) works well.

SWF files (same thing - SWF in doc library and player is on the sharepoint page in anonymous mode) work perfectly.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:05 AM