locked
Strange behavior: emulator vs device RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm developing a mobile app (.NET CF 3.5 VST 2008 SP1) calculating distances between 2 locations given by latititudes/longitudes. When running using the emulator the results are correct, but when deploying to my mobile device (HTC TyTN II) I get very different results.

    Anyone has any idea why I get the differences between the emulator and the (physical) device?

    Thanks.
    Guy
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:35 PM

Answers

  • I found the problem: it has to do with Regional Settings (we use a "," to separate decimal values and I entered a "." as the separator in my app).
    The emulator had still English-US settings and my device Dutch-Belgium settings. I changed the emulator and now it works in both environments.

    Guy

    • Marked as answer by Guy Dillen Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:43 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:42 PM

All replies

  • Without seeing code, no, we can't even guess. 
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:23 PM
  • No obvious reason.  However, as Chris said... Code?

    Dick
    Dick Grier. Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications 4. See www.hardandsoftware.net.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:58 PM
  • are your sure the executable was successfully deployed? the only thing that comes to mind is that you arenot really running the same executable on both devices.
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:52 PM
  • I found the problem: it has to do with Regional Settings (we use a "," to separate decimal values and I entered a "." as the separator in my app).
    The emulator had still English-US settings and my device Dutch-Belgium settings. I changed the emulator and now it works in both environments.

    Guy

    • Marked as answer by Guy Dillen Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:43 PM
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:42 PM