none
Visual Studio Not Responding

Question

• Hi guys, I just wanted to ask on how to stop Visual Studio from not responding. I was working on a project today (4/27/2016) and all of a sudden Visual Studio started not responding. This happened 3 times today and it's frustrating.

I have an HP Pavillion x360 running Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i5 Processor, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit.
    • Edited by flash76 Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:21 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please provide more information about Visual Studio itself (its version, edition) and what you did when it started not responding.

Regards.
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:50 AM
  • Thanks for Ashidacchi' help.

Hi flash76,

Please provide the detailed information that Ashidacchi asked, which is benefit to us find out what happened with your Visual Studio.

Then please create a default project to check whether this problem is occurs with all projects or just the specific project.

If just for this specific project, please move the original project files to the new project one by one to confirm which file causes this problem. And you also can remove the .suo file under the solution folder to check whether it can be fixed.

If for all project, please troubleshoot this problem with following steps.

1. Check whether you Visual Studio has installed the latest update.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Venkat786 Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:22 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:38 AM