none
Session Conflict In Asp.Net Web Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I log in to my application from one user's credential, it gets to log in the application after some time it shows Welcome Another user's name and changing session also. This issue is occurring on production server whereas in development server the code works fine.

The issue occurs in different machine say user A is logged on machine A and User B is logged on Machine B.The User A, when logged see Welcome user B.

I tried to look into the issue, most the places I am using session and abandoning the session on logout's click, whereas I have not used cache object and the application logic seems to be fine.

We have used ADO.NET entity framework 4.5 with Web Application.

Can anybody suggest the possibilities why this issue is occurring?

Friday, June 8, 2018 12:44 PM

All replies

• When I log in to my application from one user's credential, it gets to log in the application after some time it shows Welcome Another user's name and changing session also. This issue is occurring on production server whereas in development server the code works fine.

Well, what do you mean by development server? Are talking about IIS Express that is a fake Web server? Are you talking about your Web project was deployed to local IIS on the development machine and tested against local IIS, a real Web server,  using Visual Stuido?

I believe if you used local IIS and logged in with two different credentials and stated testing and debugging with Visual Stuido, the issues would be exposed.

http://codetunnel.com/how-to-debug-your-aspnet-projects-running-under-iis/

Friday, June 8, 2018 8:42 PM