none
save item in sequences without deleting the previous one RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

private void Mesh_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
            {

int count = 1;
                while (count <= 8)
                {

var cursor = this.Cursor;

this.Cursor = Cursors.Wait; 

_depthImage.ToMesh(nui, (int)Depths.Value).Save(@"C:\pcd\Mesh" + count + ".ply");

this.Cursor = cursor;

}
                    count = count + 1;

}

}

From the code , when i click the meshclick button , it will save the mesh in .ply form at the destination that i assigned where is the C drive and inside pcd folder with the name Mesh.ply  . Now i need to save the mesh in sequences when the button being clicked for second time and the result should be Mesh1.ply    and when i click again the name should be Mesh2.ply  . In summary , it would'nt delete the previous one when i click the meshclick button again. But when click for first time the application will jam and not responding , is it not suitable to do a loop for mesh?

Thanks.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 4:51 AM

All replies

• I don't know that this applies to the Kinect SDK. What API is providing the .ToMesh function?

Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:02 PM
  • Use a method to get the date and time and add that to your file name.

for example: 

BitmapSource image = BitmapSource.Create(colorFrame.Width, colorFrame.Height, 96, 96, PixelFormats.Bgr32, null, pixels, stride);

string fileName = string.Format("kinect-{0:yyyy-MM-dd_hh-mm-ss-fff-tt}.jpg", DateTime.Now);

fileName = @"C:\Users\Brendan\Desktop\KinectPhotos\" + fileName;

FileStream stream = new FileStream(fileName, FileMode.Create);

Friday, June 8, 2012 2:27 PM