Missing References Folder and Properties Folder RRS feed

• Question

• User-1066344940 posted

I have a problem that I do not know how to address. I have a project that I'm trying to build as a web site. The build succeeds, but, it does not produce a .dll?! I noticed that my Properties folder and my References folder are missing. When I publish the site on our server, I get all types of errors about assemblies, dlls being outdated. My question is, can I add these folders to my project, and what goes in them. I also do not have the option to Clean my solution in my solution explorer context menu?! I dont know what to do. I am not a seasoned developer, but I am determined to fix it. Building my web site does not produce a .dll. I just need a little direction in where to start.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:51 AM

Answers

• User1221318268 posted

goto solution explorer and select your project

then at the top of soolution explorer beside to refresh button "show all pages" button is there.. click on that so u can see your properties and references in white color so right click on those and select include in project.....

after including just rebuild your application... becoz of TFS or VSS these type of problems will occur...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:20 PM
  • User-1066344940 posted

Problem solved. I believe that I created my project as a web site instead of a web application. From what I read and was told, this really shouldnt have mattered.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies

• User1221318268 posted

goto solution explorer and select your project

then at the top of soolution explorer beside to refresh button "show all pages" button is there.. click on that so u can see your properties and references in white color so right click on those and select include in project.....

after including just rebuild your application... becoz of TFS or VSS these type of problems will occur...

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:20 PM
  • User-1066344940 posted

When I select my project in the Solution explorer, there is no "show all pages option" option available to me?!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:34 PM
  • User-1066344940 posted

Problem solved. I believe that I created my project as a web site instead of a web application. From what I read and was told, this really shouldnt have mattered.

Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:32 PM