Windows Automotive and particular device question RRS feed

• General discussion

• What is Windows Automotive vs Windows CE
    • Is windows automotive a development platform built ontop of CE?
    • Is windows automotive a OS all to itself but built on CE?
    Pioneer's AVIC Z110BT USB can only read up to 16 gigs of memory, Except the iPod which it will read unlimited amounts of data
    • Is this a hardware issue with the unit? None of their previous units had this problem and this is their brand new flagship model
    • This system recently switched to the Windows Automotive 5.5 OS, all other models used Windows CE
    • Is there anything about Windows Automotive that could explain this?
    Any other intro to Windows Automotive information would be appreciated, this will help me in a report on the OS.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:47 AM

All replies

• You have the wrong forum. This is Microsoft Sync framework and not the Automobile Sync.
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Friday, December 4, 2009 7:25 AM
  • hi, am working how to access the main OS behind the pioneer software...but so far i been doing a little research on the "windows Automotive" ....i am not 100% sure but it seems to be just a program within "windows CE".... Also i read on the avic411 someone was able to use a hardisk with 250 gigs ....If you findout something newer PLZ let me know
    Charlie
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:39 AM
  • As said above, this forum is for Microsoft Sync framework and nothing to do with the Microoft Automotive.
    Please do not post to this forum.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 4:12 AM