ListView Paging (VB.NET) RRS feed

• Question

• User-1546380551 posted

Hi,

I am using VB.NET 2012 in ASP.NET 4 and have added a ListView control together with a DataPager.

In form load, I am populating things via a simple SELECT * FROM table and it populates fine.

There is a textbox and a button on the page for filtering the results which uses

"SELECT * FROM table WHERE field LIKE '" & TextBox1.Text.Trim() & "%'"

or if the textbox is blank

SELECT * FROM table

The DataPager pagesize is set to 10 for testing purposes and pagedcontrolid is set to the listview

When running the page it populates as it should do but having to click on the page links twice to change the page. If going from last page to first, or next to previous or vice-versa I get a list of empty field included in the results

How can I open the data once for each client and allow them to search by filtering the results using VB.NET? Google linkers will be ignored

Thanks in advance

Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:37 PM

All replies

• User3866881 posted

crouchie2004

crouchie2004

Hello,

As far as I see, I think you should re-write to PreRender to re-bind data content to your ListView.

In the event, you should try to dynamically change the SQL statement to avoid the problem of TextBox's Text——if empty.

For more you can download this sample:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/24065/Paging-ListView-With-DataPager

Monday, December 3, 2012 12:42 AM
  • User-1546380551 posted

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't answer my question

1) Filtering results in a Listview

2) Never used 'prerender' in a different page but that works ok. Doesn't work with filtering

Any code in VB.NET (NOT c#)? No point in converting code that doesn't answer my question, is there?

Is there a website that has a VB.NET | ASP.NET forum where every answer is coded and not a link from Google?

Monday, December 3, 2012 3:25 PM
  • User1957418580 posted

Can you not use something like the sample here:  http://forums.asp.net/p/1601498/4081269.aspx.  Just make the SelectParameter a TextBox instead of a dropdown?

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:33 PM