Why a simplest app fails the test of Certification Kit

Question

• The simplest game is

1. Choose to create a Visual C++/ Director 2D App (XAML) project. #1Project

2. Right click the solution explorer, Add a new project of Visual C#/Windows Runtime Component project. #2Project

3.Right click #1Project and click Reference... and Add New Reference... and choose #2Project.

Now from the menu, choose Create App Package to test #1Project with the Kit. Ooooops! Failed!

The failure description is ",g:g螾ubhV1Y%?".

It is not English, nor Chinese, nor Japanese, not a language that human being can read. By Googling, I guess it is "launch time too long".

I need two helps

1. Can somebody whose PC language is English helps me to re-produce the above error and tell me what ",g:g螾ubhV1Y%?" exactly means?

2. Can somebody tells me how to solve this issue? My real almost finished project is a similar one with the above error of ",g:g螾ubhV1Y%?" unsolved. 

Thank you very much in advance.

shenzy

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:20 PM

Answers

• Following your steps exactly, the package failed for 2 reasons:

1. The default (in my system) is to build in Debug Mode.  The WACK will fail if it tries to certify a debug package.

2. The logos were not changed from the default ones.

Rebuilding and packaging in Release Mode and adding some non-default logos cleared both of these problems and the package passed in my system.

Now, as to the strange error message.  Are you seeing this when you click "Click here to view full report"?  In my system, the WACK always gives an error message "Class not registered".  The only way I can see the .xml report that details the result of WACK, is to run WACK from the Start Screen.  Then it will look for installed packages to test.  Select the one you want to test.  When it finishes, it gives you the opportunity to save a report which can be read in IE.

ETA: The logos that must be replaced (at a minimum) are as follows:

• SplashScreen 620x300
    • StoreLogo 50x50
    • SmallLogo 30x30
    • Logo 150x150
    • Edited by jrboddie Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:11 PM Added new info
    • Marked as answer by shenzyapp Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• Following your steps exactly, the package failed for 2 reasons:

1. The default (in my system) is to build in Debug Mode.  The WACK will fail if it tries to certify a debug package.

2. The logos were not changed from the default ones.

Rebuilding and packaging in Release Mode and adding some non-default logos cleared both of these problems and the package passed in my system.

Now, as to the strange error message.  Are you seeing this when you click "Click here to view full report"?  In my system, the WACK always gives an error message "Class not registered".  The only way I can see the .xml report that details the result of WACK, is to run WACK from the Start Screen.  Then it will look for installed packages to test.  Select the one you want to test.  When it finishes, it gives you the opportunity to save a report which can be read in IE.

ETA: The logos that must be replaced (at a minimum) are as follows:

• SplashScreen 620x300
    • StoreLogo 50x50
    • SmallLogo 30x30
    • Logo 150x150
    • Edited by jrboddie Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:11 PM Added new info
    • Marked as answer by shenzyapp Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:15 AM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Great help. Thank you.

What I thought what WACK said "",g:g螾ubhV1Y%?"." was "Too long launch time". Thank you for your kind support, it seems to be another meaning. 

After excluding the cause of launch time, I re-created a Windows Runtime Component and import all cs and xaml files into it. Now WACK said "passed".

Although it passed, I still have two questions.

1. My project now re-compiles from the very begining every time when I run it, even though no source codes are changed. Why? I will open another thread to ask this question.

2. What does ",g:g螾ubhV1Y%?" mean? Does anybody understand? It seems to me that Microsoft has expanded the whole windows system to such a degree that it is now out of the control by itself.

shenzy

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:14 AM
  • I have not seen the strange error you describe.  Can you post a screen shot?
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:17 AM