none
How to turn Change Switch View button off? RRS feed

• Question

• I sort of like the new MSDN site skins. For what I use MSDN for (mainly to access the community content), Classic view is what I'll use as my view of the site. Having made that choice, how do I tell the site to turn off the button popup. The vivid orange colour of the button makes the button a tad distracting and I'd like a way to say "I do not want to change my view so please go away".  Any ideas? 
    Thomas Lee - doctordns@gmail.com
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,
    Thanks for your feedback. We have placed the swicher to highlight our new "lightweight beta" feature and make it discoverable. This is temporary and we will turn them off soon. Hope this helps.

Anand..
    Group Manager| Developer Division| Microsoft Corp.| http://blogs.msdn.com/sandcastle/ http://blogs.msdn.com/innovation/
    Friday, October 23, 2009 1:13 AM
  • But the switcher covers up the scroll-down button of the scroll-bar on the right side of the window.  Could it be moved into the body area rather than covering the scroll bar?
    Monday, November 16, 2009 7:25 PM
  • Sorry for taking so long to respond - these forums are so hard to use on a regular basis and I just did not see your response till tonight. The "Alert me" message never came. :-(

Thanks for your reply. I understand you are excited about this new feature - and I agree. I like the new skins. But having made my choice about which skin to use, I no longer want to be vividly forced to rethink it. The vivid colour draws my attention, needlessy IMHO, to the button.   I like the ability to change skins - but make it less obtrusive as you did on the lightweight skins.

I see the fix did not make it into the November update. When do you think we'll see this content bug fixed?
    Thomas Lee - doctordns@gmail.com
    • Edited by Thomas Lee Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:40 PM typo
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:40 PM