Error During SQLRP Install Using the Incremental Update Bits RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error when running the Upload-Microsoft.Sql.RP.ps1 file. The error is in regards to importing the .dll file.

PS D:\SQLRP> D:\SQLRP\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Upload-Microsoft.Sql-RP.ps1
    cmdlet Upload-Microsoft.Sql-RP.ps1 at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    (Type !? for Help.)
    AadTenantDirectoryName: gwmail.onmicrosoft.com
    Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\SQLRP\Microsoft.AzureStack.DeploymentTelemetry.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT:
    0x80131515)
    At D:\SQLRP\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Upload-Microsoft.Sql-RP.ps1:44 char:1
    + Import-Module -Name "$PSScriptRoot\..\..\Microsoft.AzureStack.Deploym ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Import-Module], FileLoadException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.IO.FileLoadException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

VERBOSE: Upload completed. (Elapsed: 00:00:00.2260445)
    Trace-Deployment : The term 'Trace-Deployment' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify
    that the path is correct and try again.
    At D:\SQLRP\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Upload-Microsoft.Sql-RP.ps1:136 char:5
    +     Trace-Deployment -DeploymentGUID $deploymentGUID -Type "ARM" -Rol ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Trace-Deployment:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
    PS D:\SQLRP>

Monday, May 2, 2016 3:24 AM

Answers

• I had the same error and was able to fix it.  It appears that when you download the zip file you need to make sure it is unblocked before extracting it.  Right click on the SQLRP binaries, and click properties, then check "unblock" then unzip to D:\SQLRP and it should work..

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I recieved same error message and was able to continue after extracting the scripts and run Upload-Microsoft.Sql-RP.ps1 again.

Best regards,

Anders

Monday, May 2, 2016 6:16 AM
  • Same here! Script running fine if i out-comment the trace commands and the import module
    Monday, May 2, 2016 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Regards,
    Malar.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:49 AM
  • I had the same error and was able to fix it.  It appears that when you download the zip file you need to make sure it is unblocked before extracting it.  Right click on the SQLRP binaries, and click properties, then check "unblock" then unzip to D:\SQLRP and it should work..

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 5:22 PM