none
Testing .Net Framework on Windows 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have debugged an windows forms application with VS2015 Preview and am trying in a Windows 2012 box.  Everything works fine under VS 2015 but after publishing to Windows 2012 I get.

Configuration Error              Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.            

Parser Error Message: The 'targetFramework' attribute in the <compilation> element of the Web.config file is used only to target version 4.0 and later of the .NET Framework (for example, '<compilation targetFramework="4.0">'). The 'targetFramework' attribute currently references a version that is later than the installed version of the .NET Framework. Specify a valid target version of the .NET Framework, or install the required version of the .NET Framework.

Source Error:
    Line 30:     <!-- Added to prevent error ASPPARSE: Circular file references are not allowed. 
    Line 31:     <compilation batch="false" -->
    Line 32:     <compilation debug="true" batch="false" targetFramework="4.6">
    Line 33:       <assemblies>
    Line 34:         <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

Source File: E:\inetpub\Extranet2\web.config    Line: 32            

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.5.27.0

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:50 PM

Answers

• What .NET Framework version does your VS 2015 project target? I'm guessing .NET 4.6.

What .NET Framework versions are installed on your WS 2012?

Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:33 AM
  • @Dave Nixon,

I agree with pvdg42, your target is targetFramework="4.6" which represents for .NET Framework 4.6, you may haven't installed it on your Server 2012, I would recommend you change the target to .NET Framework 4.0 to test. Here to change:

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:27 AM

All replies

• What .NET Framework version does your VS 2015 project target? I'm guessing .NET 4.6.

What .NET Framework versions are installed on your WS 2012?

Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:33 AM
  • @Dave Nixon,

I agree with pvdg42, your target is targetFramework="4.6" which represents for .NET Framework 4.6, you may haven't installed it on your Server 2012, I would recommend you change the target to .NET Framework 4.0 to test. Here to change:

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 30, 2015 2:27 AM